Happy February! I can’t quite believe that January is over already. I’m hoping to bring back my little ‘Sunday Summary’ blogposts soon, but for now I thought I’d do a summary of the month just gone. It will include some of my favourite things from the months, and some best moments too.
01. Reading. I loved reading when I was younger, but as with watching TV, I only really like spending my time learning about things. Therefor a fictional book doesn’t meet those requirements. I read #Girlboss and would highly recommend it. Along with the Netflix series, based on the same storyline, that I watched late last year. As someone who wants to run their own business (I’m not aiming for the size of NastyGal) it’s such a motivational watch/read.
02. Sunset. I’m trying to make more of an effort to appreciate the little things in life. Like the colour of the sun setting, or the stars in the sky. Give it a go, it’ll give you a better perspective on your life.
03. Exercise. One of my goals for this month was to run/exercise 15 times. I just about achieved it, most was walking but that’s good enough for me. It really helps my mind, and I’m loving seeing my fitness level improving each time I run. More of the running in February hopefully!
04. Bullet journalling. This was a spur of the moment decision whilst in our Norfolk cottage before Christmas. I saw a few videos about it and decided to purchase one. And I have to admit, I’m loving it. I love being able to plan my own spreads, and the beauty of this kind of ‘diary’ is that you’re able to write in only the days you need. No more filling in one thing on a single day of the week and being left with a near empty book at the end. I’m using it as my calendar, diary and notebook. I’ll probably expand on this more in a blog post when I’ve had the journal for a couple more months.
05. Working on my blog and shop. I’m a creative person, so having these two outlets is such a blessing. Even more so when people are supporting my shop and buying my lovingly designed products. The more I make, the more my niche is discovered, and the closer I’m getting to where I want to be. I have so many exciting plans for the future of both my online shop and blog and can’t wait to keep pushing myself to do more.
06. Bedroom clearout. I’m a little bit of a hoarder ‘what if I want to wear this top I haven’t worn in three years?’ OR ‘I need to keep all these certificates from when I was 10’. I spent some time going through everything in my room, donating clothes and putting things like memory boxes in the loft to clear some space in my room. My Mum and I also sorted out the conservatory so that it can finally be used as a productive work space and I already feel more inspired to just create things for the fun of it. Having all my creative equipment in one space (that isn’t my bedroom!) also means that my bedroom can be purely for sleeping and relaxing.
So, February. I’m looking forward to the days getting longer, spending some more time working on this blog, and more time chipping away at my little business. Let’s do this.