Happy New Year everyone! Here’s my round up of 2018, as I do every year. But this year’s a little different. I tend to speak about the positive AND negative things that happened through my year, but due to this year being slightly turbulent, I decided to just highlight the good things. There are things that happened that I wish to write about at some point this year, but I’d like my year round up to be as positive as possible.
01. I met up with my friend who was home from Uni, we went for dinner and shot a little outfit post too. I also met up with another friend who I hadn’t seen for THREE YEARS!
02. My parents purchased a cute cottage in North Norfolk, did it up and are letting it out for holiday lets. We visited Norfolk a few times in the second half of the year, I absolutely love the seaside so being able to pop there for a weekend was such a nice thing.
03. I started the year still working part-time at a local H&M. In April I got a new (full-time) job in a small creative business. I worked there for six months, and due to a change in circumstances I left that job and moved to a different H&M store, again, part-time. I’m heading into 2019 working part-time, whilst making plans for my own creative business. I didn’t spend as much time on my blog and shop as I wish I had. But, the things that I did produce I am super proud of.
04. I visited London once this year, it was a spontaneous decision for my 22nd Birthday, as I was supposed to be heading to Norfolk with my family but my old car gave up on me the day before.
05. After my 22nd Birthday I purchased a new car! It’s only a few years old and I LOVE IT. It feels like such an upgrade from my old car, and it’s nice to have something nice to show for my money.
06. I started focusing more on myself and my mental health. One major thing that this involves is running. I’m trying to run at least 2/3 times a week and I’m really seeing a difference in my state of mind and my body too.
07. We rounded off the year with a trip to Norfolk before Christmas. I was lucky enough to get the days before Christmas off work so we took full advantage and headed to the cottage. We visited a couple of beaches and just relaxed for a few days.
So there it is, a few of my best bits from 2018. I’m so excited for this new year, and I’m ready to keep pushing myself to achieve all the crazy dreams I have. The next post over here will be my 2019 goals. I’ve kept them very simple, and some are pretty trivial, but I always think it’s good to make note of different things you’d like to achieve.