So, on August 18th I turned 20 YEARS OLD. I seriously cannot believe my teenage years are over. Of course I’ve had ups and downs over the last few years but I wanted to share some words of wisdom (I’m using that term incredibly loosely). So here’s 20 things I’ve learnt in 20 years. Enjoy. If you have any lessons you’ve learnt be sure to leave a comment 🙂
2. Being nice to people is so much easier than being a bitch. Never let anyone feel insignificant. There’s no better feeling than making others happy and in turn this will make you happy. So be kind.
8. Quality over quantity with everything.
9. You’re never on your own. No matter how isolated or lonely you feel, know that there’s someone else that has felt exactly the same as you do now and know that this will pass.
10. Go for your passions, don’t even question if you’ll make it. Be determined and you’ll get there. NEVER EVER give up on your dreams.
11. Discard toxic people/environments. There really is no need to be dragging around extra baggage. Life can be pretty shitty at times, the only people/things you want around you should be positive. There’s no room for negativity.
12. Take photos, record videos, write a blogpost, embrace the 21st century technology that is at your finger tips right now.
13. You don’t always need to ask for other people’s opinions/approval. If something makes you happy then you need to continue doing it regardless of other peoples opinions.
14. A good night’s sleep is always better than attempting to pull an all nighter to finish work. You’re likely in a panicky state late at night, just have a sleep and wake up the next morning feeling prepared and ready to smash it. No deadline is worth sacrificing sleep.
15. You think that the positives of working from home is that you can spend your whole day in pyjamas, incorrect. There’s no way you can be as productive as you can while wearing clothes that you sleep in.
16. You are so capable, never let the voice inside your head scare you out of doing things that you know you’ll enjoy.
17. Everyone is busy, it’s life and it’s part of growing up. Make sure that this doesn’t damage friendships, text people back and meet up with old friends.
18. Great friendships can be made and maintained through a computer screen. Don’t listen to old fogeys who are always telling you to ‘get off your phone’. I mean, do look up from your phone sometimes!
19. Wear the clothes that YOU like, there’s no point in pretending to be someone you’re not for the benefit of people you pass in the street.
20. London is my favourite city full stop. If you need somewhere to go on a shitty day then London is the best option.